Hello, I’m Lisa Tener, an award-winning book-writing coach, published author and blogger. My most recent book, The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day won three prestigious book awards, including the Nautilus and IPPY book awards. Collectively, my clients have also won hundreds of book awards for the exceptional books they’ve written and published.
For many years now, I’ve been fortunate to work with people in all areas of the publishing industry, particularly writers who have an important story to tell or information to share with the world. These new writers are passionate about making a difference in the lives of people and are eager to learn more about how to write a book. Some are just beginning to envision their book; others are well along in the process of writing a book.
I’ve created this website – “How to Write a Book” – as a place where writers of memoir, how-to and self-help books, as well as fiction, can learn from and share with other writers and with readers. The Author Interviews you’ll find here every other week, conducted by contributing writers, are intended to provide both inspiration and practical tips on writing a book. I hope you will find ideas to jumpstart your own creative process and insights on how to stay motivated while writing a book.
The forum provided by “How to Write a Book” is intended to build a supportive writing community. I invite you to ask questions, leave comments – ENGAGE! Not every author we feature in our Interviews will have time to respond, but some will and we hope our readers will engage each other in conversation as well.
“Can I Write a Book?”
As a book writing coach, I’ve helped many people find their voice, tell their story, write a book and publish. Some of these folks went on to secure 5- and 6-figure book deals with major publishers. Others realized their ambition of self-publishing a book or an e-book, many of which have won prestigious book awards. Many share their stories in Author Interviews. Their dreams of publishing all began with that one powerful question – “Can I write a book?” – and the answer was YES!
If you are considering writing a book but don’t know how to begin, take a look at the information I’ve provided on how to write a book. This page outlines the process and the issues you will need to consider.
I invite you to sign up to receive my complimentary 7 Day Course: Inspired Author. This gift includes:
- My book-writing e-course: “7 Days to Start Writing Your Nonfiction or How-to Book”
- Crucial advice on how to start writing and how to overcome writers’ block and other barriers to progress
- Powerful writing exercises to help you uncover your unique voice
- Bi-weekly writing and publishing tips, and author spotlights with the latest interview on this website, so you can be inspired and informed by their personal journeys and successes.
- A complimentary audio that has the power to transform your writing and clarify your book decisions
As a book writing coach, my goal is to help aspiring writers tap into their passion and inspiration so their book-writing journey is fun and satisfying. For many people, the free Inspired Author Course is the first step in that journey.
Programs, Services and Tools to Write a Book
At my Book Writing Coach website you’ll find other useful tools for successfully writing and marketing a book, including:
- Quick Start to Kick-Start Your Book: Turn Your Passion into Profit, a self-study program to help you clarify your message, create a structure for your book and develop an empowering writing practice and realistic timeframe.
- Get Your Writing Done: a monthly subscription program that includes a weekly writing workshop so you can literally get your writing done in an inspiring, empowering, supportive atmosphere with built in accountability and community. In addition, you’ll have access to dozens of resources that will grow every month.
Tap Into Your Creativity with Ease!
And I also invite you to check out my latest book, The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day. This award-winning book is a multi-media experience that will help you tap into your creativity with inspiring writing prompts, enhanced with videos and audio meditations you can access with your cell phone by scanning the QR codes right inside the book!
Finally, I provide one-on-one writing coaching for those who are serious about getting their book done and into the hands of a publisher and an audience. If you are looking for personalized help on how to write and publish a book, contact me to schedule a consultation.